L-Arginine is a natural amino acid that has been shown to have many benefits for body and brain health.
Here are seven of the most notable benefits of L-arginine supplementation:
1) L Arginine can help to improve sperm quality in men and can also help to increase fertility in women. It can also help reduce the time it takes to get pregnant in both men and women by improving both sperm and egg quality.
2) L-Arginine has also been shown to help improve athletic performance. Studies on humans have shown improvements in reaction times, sprint times and overall endurance when supplemented with L-Arginine. The effects were most notable in people with cardiovascular problems and people exercising more than 6 hours per week.
3) Research has also shown that L-Arginine can improve memory performance. It can even increase intelligence by improving blood flow to the brain and reducing inflammation.
4) One study found that L-Arginine can improve blood flow to injured muscles and reduce pain in people with chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. It also reduced levels of inflammatory biomarkers in the body in those people.
5) Preliminary evidence suggests that supplementing with L-Arginine may improve blood pressure levels in some people. It has also been shown to reduce blood pressure in some people with hypertension.
6) Studies have shown that L-Arginine may have positive effects on the cardiovascular system by reducing levels of triglycerides and lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke. It may also reduce the risk of heart disease in people with type 2 diabetes.
7) Supplementing with L-Arginine may help improve the immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells and other immune cells. This may help to prevent infections and colds and promote overall health.
Although more research is needed, there have been several studies that show the potential benefits of L-Arginine for heart health, brain health and the immune system. It seems to be safe for most people to take, although pregnant or nursing women should not take large doses of L-Arginine because it may cause uterine contractions and excessive bleeding.
Frequently Asked Questions About L-Arginine
Does L-arginine increase muscle size?
Yes and no. There is some evidence that suggests that taking L Arginine can increase your natural testosterone production leading to muscle growth. However, there's no actual evidence that shows a significant increase in muscle growth while taking L Arginine supplements by themselves.
What is L-arginine used for?
There are many health benefits of L Arginine such as increasing muscle mass, improving mental focus, reducing anxiety & depression, etc.
What are the side effects of L-arginine?
The most common side effect of L Arginine is diarrhoea, although this symptom typically only occurs when doses are higher than 1 gram per day. Other side effects include increased body temperature, headaches and nausea.
How long does it long it take for l-arginine to work sexually?
There is no proven link between L-arginine supplements and increased libido, but taking a dose before bed can help relax the muscles and increase blood flow throughout the body, which may increase sexual arousal and performance for some men.